Friday, November 25, 2016

November 11, 2016


I am outside, walking with my dog,
both of us a little slower now
as we move through the new dark
of this mid-autumn evening,
and there is a super moon
( or so we have been told
by all the learned astronomers),
the brightest mankind has seen
since 1948-- auspicious indeed.
In that year my brother came forth
and my father was soon departed,
off to find new ventures up north,
starting a three year separation.
Thus, I am sure it is meaningful,
but Maisie is not so certain,
still earth bound is Ashe
with all her doggy concerns,
the smells that assure her
she is somewhere near home,
and not a bad place to be.
While I muse of heaven and forever,
and search for links to the past,
she reminds me that this soil
is where we are consigned,
of the need to find our path
through the maze of each day--
in this lovely breathing now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment